Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What ho, old things!

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!!!! Whee!! Oh, I'm sorry, don't mind me. I'm just high on the awesomeness that is P.G. Wodehouse and the fact that after OVER TWO MONTHS of (semi) patiently waiting for Eugene to be repaired, I am FINALLY sitting in the comfort of my own home, typing away on a functional laptop again! I say, that does rather perk one up a bit, what?

And so, it is my great pleasure to introduce you all to Eulily, my brand new, straight out of the box, fresh from the store, long-awaited Toshiba personal computing machine! She is, of course, named in honour of PGW himself, as a tribute to his comic genius and all around brilliance as a writer, creative mind, and human being, with a nod to the late great Eugene thrown in for good measure. I'm sure at this juncture Wilson would have a choice word or two to insert about the level of one's mental fitness when one begins naming inanimate objects, but he's still at work and as you can tell, I am too euphoric to be persuaded of anything by mere reason and logic. Huzzah!!!


(The thought occurs: euphoric might actually be an understatement...)




Currently reading: Yours, Plum; the Letters of P.G. Wodehouse // waaaaay too many End User Licensing Agreements and the like O.o

2 comments:

  1. KATE! So glad you're back! =D

    Oh yikes, you've been waiting all this time for a computer? =[ Glad Eulily finally arrived! Hope she's great!

    (And yay, PG Wodehouse ^_^)
    Lots of love to you! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERIN!! I'm glad to be back, too. I've had absent blogger frustration for the past couple weeks especially, as there were all these things I wanted to write about but couldn't bring myself to tap it all out on my tablet *shudder*, and now the moment has passed for most of them. Man, does it feel good to have a keyboard beneath my fingers again! But I really shouldn't complain, since my warranty came through and I got the replacement laptop for free as they couldn't source the part needed to fix Eugene. So yes, I have been waiting all this time, but at least the story has a happy ending! :) Hope all is well with you. xx

    ReplyDelete