Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day One Down

Happy New Year, long-lost but never forgotten readers!

I didn't quite manage to squeak in under the wire and get this post written on New Year's Day itself, but isn't that just a pretty accurate metaphor for my life as a writer? When it comes to blogging I seem to live in a world of half-formed aspirations and idling idea(l)s that sink to the bottom of my to-do list and quietly slip away into the night, only to return, ever more faintly, the next day. And repeat, ad infinitum. But that's ok - I have come to embrace the Law of Undulation in my life, moods, hobbies, and interests as much as is possible for a fickle, creative type like myself. (Which is to say, sometimes it bothers me and other times it does not.)

Today was a Good Day, for which I am extra thankful as it's always nice to get a little boost to start the year off right. Wilson and I balanced productivity (hanging a couple pictures, laundry, cleaning, making soup stock) with leisure (sleeping in, watching some Food Network, double movie date with friends) and by some happy coincidence it felt like just the right combination of relaxing and getting stuff done. I daresay even our diet followed the old "everything in moderation" adage with a kale salad for lunch and shared nachos/popcorn at the movie. One can only hope that this pattern will hold and 2015 will be a year where we get this whole "balance" concept down cold. Cheers to that, and to you! Here's to another 365 filled with God's good gifts, and each day a step closer to heaven, where the balancing act will be over! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I think this thing may have eaten my comment. I'll try to recreate it . . .

    Happy New Year, Kate!!!

    Yay! A blog post! It's always a pleasure to read your beautiful words and thoughts, my darling! So glad to hear you had a good, relaxing New Year's day! Looking forward to reading all your updates throughout the year! And really excited to see you soon! =D

    Every wonderful thing to you and your loved ones in 2015!

    Oodles of love!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete