Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

L'obsession

Forgive me for a slightly vapid post today, buuuut...I can't stop thinking about this perfume!

Quite a few months ago it was highlighted on a blog I frequent, and I was planning to check out a sample but I never actually ended up going to Sephora. (Admittedly, I have a bit of a hang-up about going into stores like Sephora. Always makes me feel so self-conscious, way more than I usually do!!) Then today it popped up on my radar again and I can't get it out of my head.

It's described thusly on the website: "This fresh, smooth floral fragrance evokes sublime powdery rose. The effect is chic, comfortable, and entirely addictive. Top notes of pink peony, freesia, and lychee embody subtle freshness. At the heart, midnotes of magnolia flower, lily of the valley, and rose rise to sublimated femininity. A base of velvety elegance comes to fruition through cedarwood, amber, and honey."

Alright, so the description is a little over the top. (Sumbilmated femininity, really?!?!) But don't those delicate, flowery scents sound perfect for summer? Or fall? Or winter...

One compliment I find secretly thrilling is when someone says, "Mmm, you smell great!" Haha, juvenile perhaps, but true! Who doesn't like smelling fresh and lovely, though? So maybe I'll do a Sephora-run tomorrow after all. (Bonus, I can pick up a refill of my favourite lip balm of all time. Yay, two birds with one stone!) I wonder if the ChloĆ© Eau de Parfum will displace my usual scented shampoo/conditioner as my "signature" fragrance of choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment