Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October!

After an exhausting end to September (a persistent UTI that wouldn't go away until the second round of antibiotics, followed by a family health crisis which is thankfully in hand now), October is finally here! I am looking forward to cooler temps (although really, since last week when fall officially commenced, the weather has been simply gorgeous for the most part) with crisp autumn breezes, baking lots of yummy spiced goodies, indulging in the occasional Pumpkin Spice Latte, wearing sweaters and thicker socks, and having a more structured weekly schedule (shifts at work + a little tutoring on the side). Plus, our exciting Thanksgiving plans include spending the holiday Monday cleaning out some piles of stuff that have just been sitting around (shoved into closets or, more embarrassingly, in a heap on our bedroom floor) for faaaar too long. You have no idea how much I am looking forward to that day. It'll be like my birthday's come early!! :)

Today was a much needed day off for me, but after a luxurious 11-hour sleep I actually had enough energy to be fairly productive, to wit: I took care of some financial housekeeping and some real housekeeping and even baked two loaves of bread ("honey whole wheat" and a new recipe for banana bread, yum!) after dinner. Maybe it's nothing more than the change in the weather, but, for whatever reason, it seems like I suddenly have my cooking mojo back, and I'm loving it! So much, in fact, that I can hardly wait to share a fall recipe round-up with you guys. But that's for tomorrow...
Happy October, everyone!

xx,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment